Friday, June 5, 2009

There's no place like the finish line!

Tomorrow is Hospital Hill!

I'm running the half marathon, and doing a 2 mile warm up beforehand. But the thing I'm most looking forward to is the Girls on the Run aid station at Mile 12!! Look for some great people in costume. :-)



For those who don't know GOTR is an amazing organization! I've committed to raising $10,000 during my Ironman training to help GOTR make a significant impact in the lives of girls 8-12 in Johnson County.

It would mean a TON if you would help me reach my goal! Just go to
this website and make a donation. ANY amount is very helpful and very important!

I'd also like to make a little plug for what my brother is doing... Read about that here! His charity and mine are both official charities for Hospital Hill. And I am so proud of what Tim is doing. They have about 65 charity runners raising money for Team Megan! Keep your eyes out for bright watermelon pink t-shirts on the race course.

On that note, I want everyone to remember... EACH DAY IS A GIFT!

1 comment:

Missy said...

Wow! $10,000 is a great and huge goal. What a great thing you're doing for GOTR, unreal.