Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hoppin' Uphill

Getting up this morning was tough. But I did it. After hitting snooze several times. I made it to Fit Pit and remembered how sore my legs were. Combine that with my fight with stupid asthma the past week or so and I had to do a different workout. Luckily everyone there is super supportive and accomodating. So after some push ups, pull ups, upright rows and overhead presses, I did a couple supermans and some sit ups.

A busy day at work ended a little early, so I was able to get in my run workout before a 5pm meeting. Gage had escaped the backyard again, so I figured he needed the exercise. We ran a few laps around the park and then Gage sat nicely while I sprinted downhill and hopped uphill. And battled my stupid lungs. We did another couple laps at the park and Gage got a little jealous of a chubby beagle who had caught a squirrel. So while he turned green, I talked to the beagle's owner. He seemed nice enough, working to train his dog to be more social and behave, but I could tell he had no Dog Whisperer skills. I was my normal friendly self, even though he seemed to me a little odd. He asked to introduce himself. And then he asked me out for a nice, casual date. I have never been so thankful to have the boyfriend excuse readily available!! It was a great copout! What can I say... I'm a heartbreaker!

No comments: