Thursday, March 26, 2009

Bike test

So this morning I had 30 minutes of pain. 30 minutes of agony. 30 minutes all out on my bike. Trying to get my heart rate as high as I could get it to go. If you've never done this before, its hard. And it sucks. And it seems like its never going to end.

But then, it does. And you get a second to breathe and realize just how bad your legs BURN!!

Luckily I had Derick and Chelsea there to distract me thru the worst of it. Egging me on... telling me how I'd better push it if I want to make it up Old Sauk Pass... how I better spin fast or I'm not going to make the bike cut-off... I better suck it up so Chels isn't too far ahead of me and I can beat her on the run.

The weird part is that my max heart rate was a lot lower than it was last year. It used to be that my AT was 155 on the bike, 165 on the run. Today I found out that its 147 on the bike. I wonder if that has something to do with my breathing problems? Or am I in better shape? Not sure what it means, but I'm sure it means something.

And guess what? I get to do it all again tomorrow on the track.

I just hope the freak snowstorm they're warning of stays away!

No comments: