Thursday, March 5, 2009

A much-needed update

So I've been a big slacker on the blog side of things. Life has gotten a little crazy. Here's a little update for the IMOO side of life.

My Health
Yikes. This is the main reason I haven't been posting. I haven't been doing a ton of training, because I've been seeing tons of doctors trying to figure out why I can't breathe when I exercise. And I still have no real news. I have no blood clots, it's not asthma, and my heart is just fine. Yesterday I did an exercise echocardiogram - basically a sonogram of my heart. And I came out as a finely tuned athlete, with wonderful heart function. My lung function is also great. I do have mild asthma, but the doctors don't think that is what is causing my trouble. When I spoke to the pulmonologist this morning, he cleared me to push myself as hard as I can in my training. He told me to stop taking all asthma meds, and to listen to music as I train. A way to sort of trick my mind into not hearing my breathing, thereby making it better. So, we'll see how it goes. I touch base with the doc in a few weeks to report how training is going. It better be going well!

My Fundraiser
I've committed to raising $10,000 for Girls on the Run as I train for Ironman Wisconsin. If you enjoy "Adventure to IMOO" I hope you'll make a donation to this amazing organization! To donate, simply click here. Not only do I thank you for your support - but so do all the girls who are learning about healthy lifestyles, self-esteem, and the importance of exercise!

My Training Partner
Chelsea is going to start training with me soon! We are already swimming together, and in about a week we get to start biking and running. This is much needed for me, as she will push me to do what I need to do to be ready for this race!

My Race Calendar
Upcoming races include:
St Patricks Day Race in Westport - Should I do this one? Or just go to the KCM party??
Brew to Brew
Lawrence Half Marathon
Trolley Run - Still undecided on this one
Heritage Park Tri/Du - Also still undecided
Kansas City Triathlon
Ironman Kansas 70.3
Crew at Ironman CDA where Tim will race

My Man
Derick and I took vacation to Colorado and SE Utah. It was a great trip. If you've never been to Moab - GO! This was one of the most gorgeous places I've ever been!



1 comment:

jessica said...

wow, that's a great fundraising goal!