Friday, May 22, 2009

TGIOD!

Thank God its Off Day!!


My two rides this week were hard. I had a horrible time keeping my heart rate in Zone 3, but Coach Ken says that's from overtraining. He wasn't too surpised or concerned. I have a hard weekend coming up, but then a lighter week to get ready for the KC Triathlon next Sunday.


SATURDAY: Start with a 15 mile bike ride in Zn 1. Conduct a smooth transition to the run. Run 4 miles in Zn 1/2. Transition back to the bike and ride 10 miles in Zn 2 (bit of Zn 3 on the hills is fine). Conduct a rapid transition and run 2 miles Zn 2 (again avoiding Zn 1). Finally transition back to the bike for one last 5 mile ride in Zn 3 or above. This last ride is at or above your race pace - all out effort. Then do a very fast transition to one last 1 mile run in Zn 3+ then an easy 1 mile cool down jog/walk.


SUNDAY: Swim 1900m without stopping. 40 mile bike ride. (I'm probably going to do this all out at Clinton Lake.)


I had a massage yesterday. Suzie is my savior. I have this huge knot in my upper back, and though I thought she was trying to kill me, I feel better today. I'll go in next week to make sure its gone for good.


I'm really looking forward to this weekend to focus all my stressors into my workouts, and having a couple good parties on Saturday. The Annual Huston Memorial Day Weekend Pool Opening Party and "Denim and Diamonds" at K-Mac's place. Yes, you'll see all my friends in "jorts" and denim jumpers and tacky rhinestones. Should be fun.



No comments: