Thursday, September 3, 2009

#2121... Oh, The Possibilities...


I like my IMOO bib number! Nevermind that it looks like it should belong to a newly-legal college kid :) And it will give people plenty of fodder for funny signs and phrases to yell out as I pass. My cousin Dav has already coined "Run Drunk, Drunk Run!" She'll be the loudest of the Krohe clan that day for sure, and I can't wait!


We're getting closer and closer to race day, and I'm getting more and more excited! As fellow IMOOer Jim Nicholas pointed out to me yesterday, less than 8 months ago I couldn't run more than one mile without pain... and now I'm trained, relatively pain-free and race ready for Ironman. Wow, what a difference the knowledge of a few great people (more on them to come post-race) and the support of family and friends makes!


Now the most pressing question is, how do I convince my mom to ring the cowbell come September 13? (Back story: Really, really annoying soccer parents used to ring a cowbell at EVERY SINGLE GAME back in my competitive soccer playing days. Mom still hates the sound of the cowbell to this day.) I'll take any and all suggestions!

No comments: