Sunday, April 5, 2009

Weekend Workouts

Well I had a weekend of great workouts! I'm starting to feel more confident in myself as the distances grow.

Saturday morning, I was out at the Olathe Marathon (well, half marathon since it was rescheduled) for Girls on the Run. We had a booth and gave out cocoa and information on the program and my fundraiser. But we FROZE!! Who knew that an April race would be so cold and windy!?

So knowing how cold I was, we decided to ride inside at Leahy Chiropracitc. Three hours later it was gorgeous outside! What is up with that!? My knee started to hurt towards the end of my ride, but Meagan adjusted it for me. And then kept hurting! So I couldn't do the brick that I was supposed to. I spent the night foam rolling and icing so I could get up to run in the morning.

Which is what I did. Pete and I ran to my brother's house where I switched out dogs and took Gage the rest of the way home. As we got closer to the house, the sleet started picking up and it really doesn't feel good when it hits you in the face. So I dropped off Bomper and headed to the gym for the final 4 (miles, that is). Meagan met me there and it was nice to have company for the hardest part of the run. I was able to pick it up towards the end, when I really felt DONE. That definitely added to my confidence. My last mile as right at 9:00!

Another good week of training is coming up!!

No comments: