Wednesday, April 29, 2009

ACK! Only 4.5 months left!!!

I noticed this morning that it is April 28th. APRIL!! Almost May!!! ACK!!!!

Ironman is only 4.5 months away!!!! Last time I paid attention I still had 6 months to train. Where did the time go!?!?!






Distance is starting to get up there. I've done 2 60-mile rides and a couple 12-13 mile runs. This weekend brings more of the same.

I still have confidence that I will finish. I know I'm stubborn enough. I just worry about the time cutoffs. Will I be fast enough??? Yesterday's riding buddy reminded me that I need to stay positivie and keep telling myself that I am fast enough. I am great at climbing hills. I swim like a fish.

The power of positive thinking right??

The tests of life are not meant to break you, but to make you. Or so says Norman Vincent Peale. Well this test known as Ironman is going to do just that!


Stay tuned for the full Kansas (Half) Marathon race report.

No comments: