Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Cocktail Party and Auction a Success!

We raised $2,863!!!!

Many thanks to everyone who attended and bid on auction items. Dave and Mike were amazing on the mic and guitars. Very entertaining. Thanks to my brother for being our auctioneer. Thanks to Dr Meagan, Alex, Billy, Denise, Dan, Mike and Dave for closin' 'er down with me and giving me some of the best laughs I've had in ages.

I still have 3.5 weeks to get to my goal of $10,000 for Girls on the Run. Please, if you can - make a donation today!


Alex and Meagan had a Total Eclipse of the Heart.

We had a great crowd!

My coach trying on an item up for bid!



Mike, Alex and Dave.... totally entertaining for the whole night. And, best of all, I learned that I can't overdo it on salt in Wisconsin. Dave told me the story about his attempt at IMOO 2006 in the 50-degrees and rain. He kept drinking water, but not gatorade or salt tabs. Four miles from the finish line, he collapsed, broke 3 ribs and was in a coma for 2 days. I have learned from him - and will be enjoying many salt tabs during the race!


A little karaoke never hurt anyone!



Tim and I on the mic encouraging high bidders!

1 comment:

Missy said...

Looks like good times! It's hard to remember salt when you think you're so cool on the inside/don't feel the sweat!