Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Time for an update

Well, I'm sitting here at The Salvation Army camp in Independence, MO waiting for our staff retreat to start, and what am I thinking about? Ironman of course! Just about 2 weeks until I pack up the car and drive to the Great White North.

The biggest news is that I've been fighting with my bike lately. My last big brick on Sunday was ruined when I finished my swim in Hillsdale Lake and took my bike out of the Jeep to find a flat bake tire. I figured the air had just leaked out, but when it quickly drained, I knew I needed to change it. So I tried. For an hour. I tried. April tried. The random park maintainence guy tried. And FINALLY we got it changed. So I took a pit stop to finish preparing for the 55 mile ride. And while I was in the bathroom the tire popped! Seriously. This must be a sign from the gods. So I called Coach and he said to put it in the "mental toughness" file and get out and ride. But I couldn't get it back in so I figured it was the tri gods way of telling me that I was not meant to be on my bike. Instead April and I had a good 8 mile run. Which Pete really enjoyed... off leash in a state park (shh! don't tell!) and then a short swim to cool off after. Doggie heaven if you ask him.

Then yesterday I had another brick. I wanted to ride my brother's race wheels which he graciously offered to let me ride. I think he hopes I break them so I have to buy him new ones. Unfortuntely they are made for a 10-speed, and my bike is a 9-speed. So I'll have to swap out cassettes after 1-2 more rides on my regular wheels. But luckily I (and by I, I of course mean my heros at Elite Cycling) got the regular wheels on and got a 90-minute ride and 20-minute run in.

I didn't fight too much with my legs so I'm hopeful that my work with Synergy and The Sport of Massage is paying off! Combine their awesome work with my favorite chiropractor and I'm doing everything I can to stay healthy!

Tonight I'm doing BIA testing with Sheryl and I'm really excited to see how my body has changed during this journey. Hopefully I can make a full report in a few days.

In the meantime, I hope everyone can make some sort of a contribution to my fundraiser for Girls on the Run. There are about 2 weeks left to make a donation and help me reach my goal of $10,000 for this amazing organization! So PLEASE IF THERE IS ANY WAY YOU CAN, MAKE A DONATION TO HELP GET GIRLS RUNNING!!

1 comment:

TriSupporter said...

hey trish, we'll be cheering at IMOO and bodymarking so hopefully we'll see you there. Have a great taper!!