Tuesday, August 18, 2009

IT Hell

Well, my IT Bands hate me. Its official.

I spent an hour this morning with Tom Teter, getting seriously beat up. I noticed several good sized bruises after my shower tonight. Man, I hope it helps. Luckily, he's always fixed me before so I have every confidence he will fix me again.

I had a time trial/heart rate test on my bike tonight. Drove to the downtown airport where I got to load up my bottles with ice since a friend offices down there. (Have I ever mentioned that pilots are hot!? Apparently its a pre-requisite, at least at this company. I will be visiting again.) I did two laps as a warm up, trying to get my heart rate up. Then it was on. 30 minutes all out. Wow. That is hard. I had trouble getting my HR up as high as I thought I could, but my legs were burning. I went 9.68 miles in 30 minutes - an average of 19.2 mph!!! My heart rate was 140 bpm average. I do feel like the fastest person in the world. Lance, eat my dust.

It was a great workout and I had a ton of fun - jammin' out and working really hard. Felt great until the very end when my knee started to hurt.

So now, I'm laying on the couch icing and hoping I can run my 7 in the morning without pain.


No comments: