Friday, October 10, 2008

Countdown to the Chicago Marathon!

Well, the fabulous folks at the Chicago marathon are making it super easy for you to track me as I speed through 26.2 on Sunday. Simply go to
http://www.chicagomarathon.com/CMS400Min/Chicago_Marathon/spectators_volunteers/index.aspx?id=510
and register to receive updates on me throughout the race. They will email or text message my progress.

I've been doing my best this week to rest, hydrate and eat well. I'm a little nervous, as my long run has only been 16.5 miles, instead of the 20-22 I wanted to get to. I'm hoping that my base fitness level created by training for Redman will translate to success on a flat and fast Chicago course.

My flight leaves at 9:30 Saturday morning. Hopefully that will go off without a hitch, so I can meet Team Madison for lunch, the expo, Team in Training pasta party, and some quality time with the nephews... a good nights sleep, and a nice long run! Sounds like a great weekend to me. As long as I come home with a finisher's medal, I'm happy. I'm even happier if I can find Team Madison in the slew of 45,000 people after the race!

Race report to come early in the week. Wish me well, and track me online!!

1 comment:

Baby N's Mom said...

Congrats on your finish. You did awesome. I hear it was a little warmer than most would like.