Monday, October 6, 2008

Five days and counting!

5 days and 15 hours until the gun goes off in Chicago.

And man, am I ready for that finish line?!?! I have to get it out of my system, so bare with me for a minute.

I hurt. I'm tired. I'm burnt out. I just want some time off. I have no idea what I've done to my left foot, and left leg in general. It hurts and is causing problems with my last few days of training. And my right leg is completely fine... so its really strange. Hopefully a visit to Kent "Magic Fingers" Baker tomorrow will help!

I'm getting pretty nervous about my abilities to compete with myself in Chicago. My longest run has been 16.5 miles, which is NO WHERE near the 20 I was hoping to do. I just hope that my base level of fitness will be enough to carry me through. I am in the best shape of my life after all! That has to count for something. I hope it counts for something. I just want to PR. That can't be too much to ask right??! Especially considering how slow I ran Nike last year, how much better shape I'm in, and how much easier the course is.

And now that I've succeeded in stressing myself out... I'm gonna go eat a caramel apple. I need the sugars before my run!! :-)

No comments: