Friday, September 19, 2008

En route to Redman!

As I sit here finishing my yogurt and granola, Chelsea rolls out of bed in awe of the delicious cookies and muffins the President of our Fan Club made for us. (Thanks Jess!) The dogs come in from outside, and I think they might be more excited than we are!! If only they knew they were going to be left with Drew for the weekend. By the way, only these lovable furballs could drink out of the toilet and eat cat poop and still be loved.

Chelsea is ready to go. Its been since June since she raced. And with that competitive nature, she taunts "Let me loose!" Man, how cool would it be for me to beat her?! Of course, I'm only racing myself and my short triathlon history - but since I know she is at a much higher level than me, thats one of those goals that I just don't talk about much. (Except for in our shared blog, I guess!)

For quite some time, it hasn't really felt like I was going to race this weekend. Even as I put in all the training - the long rides and runs in the heat, and lap after lap after lap in the pool, it was such a far-off goal that it didn't really seem real. But now that we are about to load up and caravan down to Oklahoma City - I am so excited. Replace the DNF from IM Kansas 70.3 with a true finish, and medal that means something.

So here's to all our KC Multisport pals that are racing with us tomorrow - GO GET EM! Shake and Bake!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

You both did so AWESOME! I'm proud that I got to race with you and see you reach your goals!

And yes, Chelsea, I know you will be giving me a run for my money soon enough. It's on sister! :)