Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Rain Runnin'





If only my run this morning was this romantic....



I felt great starting out. My first run after Redman. Pete was stayin right with me as we conquered the 87th Street hills. A few sprinkles felt great, cooling me and calming me.



When you run at 5:30 am in late September, its like running in the middle of the night. I felt like it was me and Pete alone in the world. It was quiet, peaceful, almost prayerful. I could focus on my breathing and concentrate on my stride. A few cars here and there didn't even break my "chi". When I spotted my "aid station" aka Quik Trip, I stopped for a quick drink and as I exited the downpour began. I don't mind running in the rain, but when you are sopping wet after a few feet and your brand new running shoes are soggy, its not quite as peaceful as you hope.



I cut my 8 mile run short to 5 so I could dry out. Poor Pete didn't like being wet as much as I didn't. And I think he scared the cat when he used the basement carpet as his towel....

No comments: